Junior Volunteer Program
- 2022 Academic Year Program: June 6 – July 29, 2022
- We will not have volunteers the week of July 4th, 2022
- Applications due by April 15, 2022
- Chosen candidates will be notified the first week of May.
We are delighted that you are interested in applying for the Junior Volunteer Program here at Nash UNC Health Care. Student volunteers are impacted through meaningful experiences and gain valuable job skills right here in our community. Due to the intensive nature of our training process, we are unable to offer short-term volunteering. There are a limited number of spaces in the Junior Volunteer Program this year due to the nature of COVID-19.
- Must be high school students ages 14-18
- Must be available to volunteer one full day a week (Monday-Friday) from 9:00 am-4:00pm
- Must be able to commit to volunteering on their scheduled day 5 out of the 7 weeks of the program and the necessary ½ day shifts 9am -12:00 pm to complete the required 60 minimum hours of the program
- Must have reference forms completed electronically by 2 current teachers in the 2021-2022 School Year.
- Must comply with the dress code which includes a volunteer shirt (supplied) and khaki pants.
- Must attend a mandatory orientation session scheduled for June 6, 2022
Application Process and Required Forms
- Students should plan to fill out the application with a parent/guardian since signature is required.
- You will be required to provide contact information for two professional or academic references in the online application. This means a teacher, counselor, employer, etc. Family members, neighbors, and family friends are not appropriate references. These references may be contacted in the spring to determine your placement in the program.
- After your application is received, you may be contacted for a personal interview. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants we are unable to interview all candidates.
The deadline for submitting paperwork for the summer 2022 Junior Volunteer Program is Friday, April 15, 2022. Once all applications are reviewed, we will notify by email chosen applicants for interviews.
Students may contact Sara Hodges, Volunteer Services Coordinator, for any questions regarding the program.
252-962-8143 or email@example.com